An increase in cholesterol is dangerous for you because the risk of problems such as heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure is greatly increased due to high cholesterol. Diet for Cholesterol plays a big role in increasing and lowering cholesterol. There are 2 types of cholesterol in our body – Good cholesterol (HDL) and Bad cholesterol (LDL). As the name itself suggests, LDL cholesterol is harmful to the body and HDL cholesterol is beneficial for the body. If the amount of LDL cholesterol in the blood of a person is more than 160 mg/dl, then the risk of heart attack is very high. You can reduce lowering bad cholesterol by making some small changes in your diet (Dietary Changes). Those people who are already healthy, if they make the same change in diet, may have a very low chance of increasing cholesterol and heart diseases in the future. Let us tell you the complete list of cholesterol-lowering foods.
INCLUDE CHOLESTEROL-LOWERING FRUITS IN THE DIET
By the way, if all fruits are eaten whole, then they are beneficial in reducing cholesterol because they contain fiber. But there are some fruits in which special ingredients are found, which reduce cholesterol rapidly. Therefore, include these fruits in the diet.
- Avocado- Avocado contains monosaturated fat and fiber, both of which reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
- Apples, citrus fruits, and strawberries – These four fruits have special soluble fiber, which is called pectin.
- Berries, raspberries, blueberries, and grapes – these are especially good in pectin, so their consumption is more beneficial for you.
INCLUDE CHOLESTEROL-LOWERING VEGETABLES IN THE DIET
All types of vegetables are also beneficial in reducing cholesterol because vegetables also have a good amount of fiber. At the same time, there are some vegetables that have high soluble fiber, so consuming them can also prove to be particularly beneficial for you.
Okra-Okra is the most important cholesterol-lowering vegetable. You can also eat bhindi’s vegetable and cut it and soak it in the water at night and drink its licorice in the morning.
Brinjal- Eating brinjal is also beneficial for cholesterol patients.
Spinach and other green leafy vegetables- Consumption of spinach increases the amount of nitric oxide in the body, thereby widening the arteries. Apart from this, other dark green leafy vegetables including spinach are also beneficial as they contain lutein and carotenoids, which reduce the risk of heart diseases.
INCLUDE CHOLESTEROL-REDUCING HERBS IN THE DIET
- Garlic- Garlic contains allicin, which decreases blood pressure and lowers bad cholesterol.
- Ginger- Consuming ginger is also helpful in reducing cholesterol
- Peppermint, Coriander, Oregano, Basil, Sage, Rosemary, etc. Herbs- All these herbs are beneficial for cholesterol patients, so be sure to consume them in your daily diet.
INCLUDE CHOLESTEROL-REDUCING CEREALS AND LEGUMES IN THE DIET
All coarse grains reduce cholesterol because they also have good fiber content. Apart from this, there are some special grains, which contain special cholesterol-lowering elements. Therefore, consume them as well.
- Quinoa – Quinoa contains vitamin B and fiber, so its intake decreases the number of triglycerides and LDL.
- Oats – Oats contain a special soluble fiber called beta-gluten, which helps in reducing cholesterol.
- Barley – Barley also contains beta-gluten, so it also reduces bad cholesterol.
- Black beans- Black beans have a good amount of fiber, so it is beneficial for you.
- Soybeans- Soya seeds are also beneficial in lowering cholesterol.
All types of lentils or pulses contain plant-based protein and fiber. Also, vitamin B is also in good quantity, so they prevent plaque from forming in the body
INCLUDE CHOLESTEROL-LOWERING NUTS AND SEEDS IN THE DIET
- Walnuts- Walnuts have a good amount of monosaturated fat. Apart from this, it contains omega-3 fatty acids, so be sure to consume it daily.
- Almond- Almond contains a special amino acid, which makes nitric oxide in the body. Therefore, its consumption is also beneficial for you.
- Pistachio – Consumption of pistachios increases good cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol.
- Flax seeds- Flax seeds also contain omega-3 fatty acids, which is beneficial for you.
OTHER CHOLESTEROL-LOWERING FOODS
To reduce cholesterol, in addition to the foods mentioned above, you must include these things in your diet-
- Olive oil
- Dark chocolate
- Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines, Toon Fish
- Sesame oil
- Green tea and black tea
- Peanut butter